Celebrating the achievements of alumni in Qatar
When outstanding individuals receive a world-class education in the UK, the effects can last a lifetime. The Alumni Awards shine a light on the impact that alumni of UK higher education institutions are making in their chosen field, and how this was sparked by their studies in the UK.
There are three award categories: Professional Achievement, Entrepreneurial and Social Impact.
- Professional Achievement Award recognising UK alumni who have distinguished themselves through exemplary leadership and achievements in their professional industry, and who can demonstrate the impact and scale of their achievements in their profession, and beyond.
- Entrepreneurial Award recognising UK alumni who are active in initiating or contributing to innovative or creative new ideas, solutions or business opportunities that have the potential for strong growth.
- Social Impact Award recognising UK alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others.
Some of the benefits of winning a prestigious Alumni Award:
- Raise your international profile through a global press and digital coverage
- Build your professional networks and business connections
- Win a professional networking visit to the UK
The winners will be announced on 1 December during the annual Qatar-UK Alumni Networking Event, part of Qatar British Festival 2018.
|4 September 2018||Applications open|
|1 October 2018||Deadline for nominations at 23.59 (GMT) for Qatar National Alumni Awards|
|15 October 2018||Applications close at 23.59 (GMT) for Qatar National Alumni Awards|
|October & November 2018||Shortlisting of applications|
|1 December 2018||Qatar National Alumni Awards Ceremony|
|April 2019||Global Alumni Awards winners announced|
Meet this year's judges
The shortlisting of applications went through internal and external judging process.
The internal judging panel consisted of:
- Dr Waseem Kotoub, Head of Programmes and Partnerships at the British Council Qatar
- Mr Toff Wahab, Head of Political Team at the British Embassy Doha.
The external judging panel consisted of:
- The British Ambassador to Qatar, HE Mr Ajay Sharma
- Mrs Sam Ayton, British Council Country Director
- Mr Abdul Hakeem Mostafawi, CEO HSBC Qatar
- Dr Khalid AlHorr, CEO Qatar Finance and Business Academy
- Mrs Machaille Al Naimi, President Community Development at Qatar Foundation.
Meet this year's finalists
Among stiff competition from a variety of strong applicants, these candidates stood out. Find out what makes their story unique.