Our health and safety precautions
In line with phase four of the controlled gradual lifting of restrictions, all health precautions are in place to protect our students, teachers and staff.
- Physical distancing measures which must be adhered to – with staff, teachers and students always one metre apart.
- Self-declaration form - all parents must sign a declaration form when they register their children for the courses.
- Students may not attend classes if they are under a quarantine, self-quarantine, stay-at-home OR medical surveillance order, as specified by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education OR if they have a high temperature, persistent cough, difficulty breathing or other flu-like symptoms.
- Fully vaccinated (two doses) students must show their gold-framed Ehteraz status at the entrance. If your Ehteraz isn’t updated with the gold frame, please show your vaccinated card or certificate.
- Unvaccinated students must show their negative COVID-19 test result (PCR or Rapid Antigen test), which was taken no more than seven days prior to the lesson date.
- If you have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 12 months, please show your Ehteraz recovery status.
- If you have been vaccinated outside Qatar, please show your vaccination proof in hard copy OR a screenshot at the entrance.
- All staff, teachers and students will be required to use face masks.
- Sanitation stations will be available in the teaching centre.
- Teachers will familiarise students with health and safety practices during their first class.
- Consultations for all courses will be carried out face-to-face OR over the phone.
- A maximum number of 12 students per class to ensure proper physical distancing.
- We designed activities to maximise the benefits of group working, while students maintain social distancing.
- Measures are in place for dropping off and collecting students at the start and end of the lesson to maintain physical distancing.
- Classes could still be moved online if conditions change.
The health and safety of students, teachers and staff is our number one priority. Given the unprecedented nature of this pandemic, the British Council will continue to follow all directives made by the Ministry of Public Health and Ministry of Education and Higher Education. Our precautions will be kept under review and we will remain in line with the latest changes.