Our health and safety precautions
Following the Ministry of Public Health guidance, all health precautions are in place to protect our students, teachers and staff.
- Physical distancing measures which must be adhered to – with staff, teachers and students always one and half metres apart.
- Self-declaration form - all parents must sign a declaration form when they register their children for the courses.
- Students may not attend classes if they are under a quarantine, self-quarantine, stay-at-home or medical surveillance order, as specified by the Ministry of Education and Higher Education OR if they have a high temperature, persistent cough, difficulty breathing or other flu-like symptoms.
- Ehteraz App status (adult learners and parents) will be checked at the entrance.
- Temperature screening will take place at the teaching venue.
- All staff, teachers and students will be required to use face masks.
- New hygiene protocols will be put in place with sanitation stations in the teaching centre.
- Teachers will familiarise students with health and safety practices during their first class.
- Placement testing for all courses will be carried out online.
- A maximum number of 8 students per class to ensure proper physical distancing.
- We designed activities to maximise the benefits of group working, while students maintain social distancing.
- Measures are in place for dropping off and collecting students at the start and end of the lesson to maintain physical distancing.
- Appointments to receive teachers’ feedback can be done over the phone through our customer services team.
- Classes could still be moved online if conditions change.
The health and safety of students, teachers and staff is our number one priority. Given the unprecedented nature of this pandemic, the British Council will continue to follow all directives made by the Ministry of Public Health and Ministry of Education and Higher Education. Our precautions will be kept under review and we will remain in line with the latest changes.