The health and safety of test-takers and test staff is our number one priority and we have taken the time to put in place all precautions to ensure our customers can test confidently at our test venues.
- Self-declaration form: All test takers must sign a declaration form on the test day to declare that they are eligible to attend the test session.
- Test takers will need to report at the designated time as specified in their test day email/SMS.
- Test takers should not attend the test if they are under a quarantine, self-quarantine, stay-at-home or medical surveillance order, as specified by the local authorities OR if they have a high temperature, persistent cough, difficulty breathing or other flu-like symptoms.
- Test takers will be asked to show their Ehteraz health status, only a Green status will be allowed entry.
- Temperature screening will be in place. Test takers with symptoms of fever will not be able to take the test and will be asked to go home. A transfer/refund will be offered.
- Social distancing measures must be adhered to – with staff and test-takers always two metres apart.
- All staff and test-takers will be required to use face masks.
- New hygiene protocols in place with sanitising stations.
- You will be asked to bring your own stationery (pen, pencil and eraser) and water in a transparent bottle, this must be taken away with you after the exam - except for scratch paper, notes or workings sheets.
- Test takers should limit their belongings to only essential items like a wallet/purse and mobile.
The health and safety of test-takers and test staff is our number one priority. Given the unprecedented nature of this pandemic, the British Council will continue to follow all directives made by the local authorities. Our precautions will be kept under review and we will remain vigilant to the developing situation.
How does the test transfer process work?
We are not only making it easier for you to transfer your test date but also making it more convenient for you to move from a paper-based test, which you had registered for, to a computer-delivered test by just paying an additional QAR 150. This not only gives you the freedom to choose from more test dates but will also enable you to obtain faster test results. With the free online learning resources that the British Council provides, including the free computer-delivered IELTS familiarisation test and you can be confident in achieving the score you need for the IELTS test.
What do I need to do to avail these options?
Please call us at 800 5501 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a change from paper-based IELTS to computer-delivered IELTS. We will e-mail and confirm the changes you have requested within seven (7) working days.
How can you contact us?
As a precautionary measure, the British Council, Al Sadd office is suspending all walk-in customer service until further notice. However, we will continue to serve you through our call centre, website, social media and our online platforms. We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience. For additional information, call 800 5501 or email us at email@example.com