We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We uniquely combine the UK’s deep expertise in arts and culture, education and the English language, our global presence and relationships in over 100 countries, our unparalleled access to young people and influencers and our creative sparkle.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
The British Council in Qatar
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. Established in 1972, the British Council’s office in Qatar is among its one hundred worldwide offices.
We have experienced tremendous growth over the last three years across all areas of our work. Our work in English language teaching, examination services and teacher training projects have seen a step change in scale and quality.
Our projects with local partners which all include a focus on outreach and capacity building have reached broader audiences of young people.
The British Council will continue to be recognised as the leading international educational and cultural relations organisation in Qatar, and will be the partner of choice in:
- English language teaching and learning, and the delivery of UK examinations
- international arts programmes, cultural management and the creative economy
- building higher education partnerships and research links with the UK
- internationalising the curriculum and approach to teaching and learning across education sectors
- developing exciting international youth initiatives.