Interested in shaping the direction of our Qatar-UK Alumni Network?
Apply now to become an alumni board member.
*This opportunity is only open for members of Qatar-UK alumni network*
If you are not yet registered as a member of Qatar-UK Alumni Network, please complete the membership form before nominating yourself for the board member position.
Expected contribution of the board members:
- Appointment term: 2 years starting September 2018
- Estimated monthly contribution: 5-8 hours
- Attending all board meetings reoccurring every month or quarter
- Alumni board members should whenever possible take an advisory role to shape the theme and type of engagement with network members
- Alumni board members are expected to actively promote the network to relevant potential members and key influencers
- In addition to that, board members are expected to take on specific roles assigned prior to any event. These roles may include:
- To actively promote upcoming alumni events to potential members
- To actively promote LinkedIN group to potential members and contribute to its content
- To represent the alumni network with the local press /media
- To act as an MC during the alumni networking events
- To support the British Council in seeking cash and in-kind income to ensure sustainability of the programme
- To attend Study UK exhibitions and pre-departure briefing sessions
- To take on the lead in organising some small-scale activities/events
- To work with Study UK team to produce alumni stories to inspire the next generation
- To provide logistical support during events; mainly meeting and greeting guests.
- Complete the online application form here.
- Also, please send your CV to email@example.com
- Member of Qatar-UK Alumni network
- Leadership skills
- Media skills (basic)
- Advocacy on behalf of UK education
- Resource availability to meet expected contribution listed above
- 18 August - Call for applications
- 4 September - Deadline for applications at 12 midnight (Qatar time)
- 17 September - Shortlisting and selection of board members
- 23 September - First introductory meeting