Summer School is a fun-filled, project-based course that happens twice a year at the British Council English language centre in Doha. Our courses are designed around fun stories, games and creative activities that will inspire your child, improve their language, build their confidence and much more. At the end of the course, children will put together a spectacular display for their parents showcasing the work they have done throughout the course.
Above all, it will give them the chance to use the English that they’ve been studying so hard to learn.
TEENS LEARNING WITH THE WORLD’S ENGLISH EXPERTS WILL:
- improve all their English language skills and grow in confidence
- be taught by a qualified and experienced teacher
- use English every day in class through motivating activities
- work with classmates on a series of creative projects
- have access and guidance to free online learning and apps
- have a great time learning English.
Every child on the course will get an opportunity to participate in the Global Young Learners' Art Competition organised worldwide.
THE RIGHT LEVEL FOR YOUR CHILD
We offer summer courses for two different age groups and ability level with classes organised as follows:
- Early Secondary (ages 12-14)
- Secondary (ages 15-17)
We also have IELTS preparation classes for Teens (ages 15 - 17)
If your child is a new British Council learner they will need to take a placement test to find out which is the right course level for them. These tests take place in our English language centre in Doha.