The British Council Qatar in partnership with the Qatar Ministry of Education is pleased to announce it will be hosting the Qatar UK Sport Conference on 4 February in Doha.
Chaired by The Youth Sport Trust International, the conference will bring together sport education experts from the UK and Qatar to participate in a fun-filled and educational one day event.
The Qatar UK Sport Conference will celebrate the UK’s commitment to support Qatar’s National Vision 2030 by considering how sports education practitioners and students can contribute to a healthier more inclusive society. It will draw parallels between both the UK and Qatari sectors and look towards greater collaboration and exchange for the future.
The conference will allow all delegates to share best practice in sport education, health and wellbeing. It supports inclusive societies and women and girls’ participation in sport and aims to empower young leaders’ participation in their community through sport.
The conference will comprise keynote presentations and interactive sessions on the benefits of inclusive sport education and developing youth sport leadership skills. The day will be opened by speeches from:
- British Council Director
- Ministry of Education and Higher Education
- UK Olympian, Duncan Goodhew
- Qatari female sports leader
Following the opening speeches there will be four sessions throughout the day:
- Session One: Creating a New Generation of Young Leaders
- Session Two: Physical Education and Healthy lifestyle
- Session Three: Sport for all 1 - Encouraging Women and Girls’ participation in Sport
- Session Four: Sport for all 2 - How Sport can Impact on Inclusive Education
You can register to attend by emailing SportEducation@britishcouncil.org .
Please click the links below to see the full programme and description of the sessions and know more about the speakers.