Get involved … get active!
We're all now spending a lot more time at home than we might like, which is why staying physically active is more important than ever.
This is why as part of our Gulf wide Sport Programme we’re launching a new digital campaign – #MakeSportHappen - to help give you the advice and tools you need to keep moving during Covid-19.
Be part of the movement
Download our toolkit to find lots of fun and creative ideas on how to get active at home, with content compiled from our UK partner Youth Sports Trust International and other UK websites, including Sports England, Change4Life and Active Kids Do Better.
The toolkit includes workouts, indoor games and activities for all the family, with advice, support and webinars on how to make sport inclusive for all.
You can also follow along on our social media channels using the #MakeSportHappen hashtag. Here we’ll be posting short videos and challenges, including a #ActiveTuesday campaign.
If you've found a great way to keep active online, use #MakeSportHappen to share your experience with us and others.
About our Sport Programme
Since its launch in 2017, our Sport Programme aims to increase young people’s quality of life and wellbeing, sharpen leadership skills and encourage volunteering.
It’s delivered across the Gulf in partnership with Youth Sports Trust International, a UK-based charity passionate about creating a future where every child enjoys the life-changing benefits that come from sport.
Highlights of the programme so far:
- 2,150 young sport leaders trained
- 1,191 national and local sport trainers trained
- 182 local trainers received training on inclusive sports
- 318 young sport leaders trained on inclusive sports
- 60% of those participating have been young women and girls
- 384 teachers from 44 schools across the Gulf nominated in our Youth Sport Awards
- 4,384 young people across the Gulf nominated in our Youth Sport Awards (Go Level and Bronze Level)
- 38,400+ participants to sport festivals
Find out more about the programme here.