Intercultural Fluency is the ability to successfully operate and communicate within different cultural contexts. It is fast becoming the definitive global skill in today’s interconnected world.
The British Council, a world leader in promoting and facilitating cultural relations, now offers Intercultural Fluency courses. This dynamic, practical training offers businesses and professionals invaluable tools and knowledge to work and communicate effectively in new and diverse multicultural environments.
Building on our 80 years of experience in international cultural relations, the Intercultural Fluency training helps businesses to:
- improve the performance of multicultural teams
- support local and overseas staff to integrate and adapt to culturally diverse working environments
- compete better in diverse markets and expand into new territories overseas
- manage projects and teams across geographical and cultural boundaries
- build stronger internal working relationships and more fruitful external partnerships
- recruit more effectively locally and overseas.
It helps professionals to:
- improve their employability and support their career development
- develop a greater awareness of cultural similarities and differences, and build rapport in new intercultural situations
- effectively integrate into new culturally diverse environments
- anticipate potential challenges when engaging with people from different cultural backgrounds
- effectively communicate and adapt their approach in intercultural and multilingual situations
- successfully manage and collaborate as part of diverse, intercultural teams.